Friday, January 23, 2009

New Diploma

I received my diploma today from VCC, just in time for the trip. I submitted my practicum back in Dec and was hoping to find out one way or the other before we left so the timing is perfect. I now have the BC Provincial Instructors Diploma (honours) and I'm qualified to teach in any community college in BC.
Now the hard part - I've worked for this for close to four years but now that I have it what do I do with it? My dream has been to retire early from banking and try to start a new part-time teaching and training consulting business. But........with the economy in absolute meltdown, is now the time? On the other hand, with layoff's and corporate downsizing, there may be excellent opportunities in adult education as people look to increase their education and/or need retraining in new fields. Hmmmmmm......lots to think about as we're eating up the miles on the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment