Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another great ride!




I'm back safe and sound after a great four-day ride to the coast. It was a little chilly going down and back over the passes but once there it was clear and sunny. I left around 11:30 on Thursday and rode to over the Hope-Princeton Hwy to stay at friends in Maple Ridge. A good time was had by all and it was great to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in way too long. From there I left early on Friday morning to catch the Langdale Ferry out of Horseshoe Bay to make my way up the Sunshine Coast to Powell River, where I had a meeting with rep's from the local Credit Union. After the meeting I caught the 5:30 Ferry to Comox and ended up at Paul's in Nanoose where I spent the night. Again, a pub dinner, lots of red wine and sipping Tequila and I had a REALLY good sleep.
Saturday started with Paul and I and his friend meeting Kevan for brunch in Nanaimo at a small family restaurant Kevan recommended that was fantastic! Home of VERY large portions. Afterwards Paul went on and Kevan and I spent a few hours riding to a couple of different bike shops to check things out before ending up at his place late in the afternoon. He and the kids had a family due to go to so I rode down to Duncan and met Brad for dinner. Another huge meal - hmmmm, a pattern perhaps.... before riding back to Kevan's to play some cards and sip some wine before another great sleep. It's amazing how a few hours on a motorcycle will improve your sleep patterns.

Today I left early and caught the 8:30 Ferry and rode back over the Coquihalla because the forecast was for no snow. It was pretty cold at the top, and there were a few rain drops, but by the time I came down on this side it was warm enough that I had to take off a layer to stay comfortable.

I finally rolled into home at 3:30; four days and 1,350 klm later.
Muy Bueno!






No comments:

Post a Comment