Saturday, December 27, 2008

Flurry II heads south











Today I met Bonnie and Ward at their house in Osoyoos and loaded my bike into the U-Haul trailer they rented just for this purpose. Two months ago Ward graciously agreed to trailer my bike down to Phoenix for me when he and Bonnie head down to their second home in Mesa. They've been away in Alberta but now that Christmas is over they're packed up and heading south - with Flurry II firmly ensconced in the back.

Bonnie, Ward; thanks VERY much. Without your help with this part of the logistics we wouldn't be able to make the trip.

Rosi and I will fly down on January 24th and my bike will be there already waiting for us. I'll have a day to prep the bike and iron out any wrinkles and, if all goes according to plan, we hope to hit the raod by 7:00am on the 25th.

WooHoo - only 28 more sleeps!

On a different note - this time around we'll be able to maintain the blog a little more consistently and downloading pictures shouldn't be a problem either. I just came home from Staples, the proud owner of a new Acer Aspire One netbook, a really small laptop specially designed for travellers. I also bought a new, much smaller, Canon digital camera. When we're on the road Rosi will be in charge of stills and I'll handle the video camera ( as best I can ) and we'll try to keep friends and family current on where we are in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment