Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Well, it's almost time to head out on another great adventure. There's been more than a few sleepless nights of late while I went over (and over and over) packing lists and travel arrangements in my head but it's now finally almost time to leave and I'm sooooo ready.

I leave at the absolute crack of dawn tomorrow morning when the shuttle picks me up at 3:30am for a 6:30 flight to Ottawa via Toronto. Tomorrow night I'm joining the other coaches and CCA staff for a dinner out to get to know one another better and then on Friday it's a day of orientation and training to familiarize us with the different credit unions we'll be visiting in-country. And there's definitely no rest for the wicked. Right after our final meeting on Friday we're all cabbing to the Ottawa airport to start a 24 hour journey to Africa via Toronto and London with my final stop being Entebbe Uganda at 10:40pm on Saturday. It's not too bad though because Uganda is eight hours ahead of Toronto so I'll only have been up for 32 hours. Hah! Who said international travel is tough? A cakewalk - bring it on!

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to learn and grow from the credit unions we visit and I know they'll have as much to pass on to us as we do for them. Take care and stay tuned - there's lots more to follow
Cheers
Dale

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your updates. It is an excellent way to learn and appreciate how our fellow Earth friends live. I love the CCA and what it stands for, Dale.

    ReplyDelete