Sunday, April 10, 2011

Alive and Well in Dawson Creek

Just a brief note to let everyone know what we've been up to these past few weeks.

I've been here in Dawson Creek since I started this contract on March 8th. I was home for a few days a week ago and I'll be going home again for Easter but other than that I've been here in the great white north. The contract is now firm through to the end of May but interspersed with working here I still have commitments to facilitate in Vancouver and Prince George so it'll mean some juggling but being busy beats the heck out of the alternative.

I'll be home in June but I have two engagements in Vancouver so it'll really be mid-June before things get back to normal.

In the meantime Rosi has been great. She and Dexter are holding down the fort at home and this time she's the one with the honey-do list. There are a few last minute details like tiling the backsplash etc before we can say our renovations are complete and she's making all the arrangements to have these done so we can have free time to ourselves when I get home.

The only down side to being this busy is there's been no time for riding. I toyed with the idea of bringing my bike up after Easter but everyone here tells me it's not unusual to have snow as late as the May long week-end so I'll have to reconsider. I guess I'll have to catch up when I'm home this summer.

On June 18thy I'm finally going to Boise to pick up my bike and I'm riding it to Phoenix to leave it there. Maybe I'll spend a few days on a few back roads just to clear the cobwebs.

The only other news is Mongolia. I've been asked to go back as part of the follow up team of coaches so I'll be there again for 2 1/2 weeks in August.

Anyway, that's still a few months away so no need to talk about it. For now, I'm doing rewarding work for a credit union here in Dawson Creek. I don't like being away from home but it's not forever and it comes with the territory when you're a contractor

Cheers!
Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment